Announcing Samba 4.0.0TP1

Deryck Hodge deryck at samba.org
Tue Jan 24 13:37:02 GMT 2006

Hi Jelmer and all.

> With 3 years of development under our belt since Tridge first proposed
> a new Virtual File System (VFS) layer for Samba3 (a project which
> eventually lead to our Active Directory efforts), it was felt that we
> should create something we could 'show off' to our users.  This is a
> Technology Preview (TP), aimed at allowing users, managers and
> developers to see how we have progressed, and to invite feedback and
> support.

I added release announcements and news for TP1 on samba.org.

Do you think you should send this mail to the general samba list, too?
 Given the note for "users" and "managers" above, there will certainly
be more of those on samba than samba-technical.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge
http://www.devurandom.org/

"Aimless days, uncool ways of decathecting" --Mike Doughty (2005)