Install Samba 3.0.21 on AIX 5.1

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Jan 23 14:37:56 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pascal NAGET" <pascal_naget at ds-fr.com>
To: <samba-technical at samba.org>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 8:55 AM
Subject: Install Samba 3.0.21 on AIX 5.1

> The workstation run AIX 5.1
>
> I download Samba 3.0.21a file.
> I have read the README file for AIX Distribution.
> I follow instructions to install the files.
> When I run nmbd or smbd, the following message appears.

Hmmmm, I don't have a 5.1 machine available to me, but what is the output
of:

oslevel -r

Also do you have the 64-bit enablement turned on?

You can try

/usr/lib/methods/cfg64

And rerun the code. My money is on a downlevel version of AIX; 5100-09 is
available at:

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/support/unixservers/aixfixes.html

Select AIX 5.1 under maintenance packages and follow the prompts.

Cheers,

Bill