Samba4 TP

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Sun Jan 22 20:44:28 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:29:00AM +1300, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> What about we call it Samba 0.4.0-tp1 ?
>
> That fixes the version ordering when 4.0 comes out, plus it means that
> automated package systems will prefer 3.x for the moment. Users will
> have to override to install 0.4.0-tp1 over 3.x, which is what we want.

(re discussion on IRC:)

This definitely won't work for Debian, at least; it will create all sorts of
problems (for one, apt will try to automatically upgrade 0.4.0-tp1 to
3.0.21-1), and AFAIK we can't even upload 0.4.0-tp1 to experimental while we
still have 3.0.21-1 in unstable.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/