Stefan (metze) Metzmacher
metze at samba.org
Sun Jan 22 18:35:35 GMT 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm on IRC tomorrow, please wait with the release of
the samba4 tp till we have discussed a few things.
1. I would propose we just call the release
'samba 3.9.0' and then in the announcement and README file
talk about "Samba 3.9.0 - The First Samba4 Technologie Preview"
2. I want to discuss if we should create a SAMBA_3_9_RELEASE branch
or how/when reset the SAMBA_VERSION_IS_SVN_SNAPSHOT variable in
source/VERSION and update the SAMBA_VERSION_RELEASE to '1' later
3. We should thing about what test, we should test:
- we should make sure all tests pass against w2k3
- we should try domain joins, with nt4,w2k,xp, (samba3) ...
I know it's just a Technologie Preview, but I would hate it
if we mess it up! So we should make sure we don't choose a broken
svn revision for the release...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the samba-technical