svn commit: samba r13017 - in trunk/source: lib utils

Thu Jan 19 20:55:11 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 11:04:22AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> My point is that it is a broader issue that just 'net sam'
> and will take more than trying to fix pdbedit.  IMO the
> user interface for pdbedit is too complicated.  It's too
> hard to remember the options.  In fact, I would saw it might
> be worse than ldapsearch(1).  :-)

What about the following compromise: Instead of "net rpc" defaulting
tcp-connecting to localhost we pipe and fork off a local smbd and do the
editing via the pipe. No security issue, no checking passwords, and all done
via RPC libs and thus no duplicate stuff.

Right now it does not work well yet, but the issues like where to log can be
fixed quite easily. We only need to make sure that we get decent error messages
out of it.

Volker