svn commit: samba r13017 - in trunk/source: lib utils

Thu Jan 19 09:22:16 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 03:10:57AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I'm pretty much agree about pdbedit and groupmap.  And I
> might be convinced to go along with 'net sam rights' as long
> as its syntax matches 'net rpc rights' exactly.  If one gets
> changed the other has to as well.

Ok, I'll go back and make both match exactly and re-add it then. Maybe tonight
:-)

> Beyond that the unix domain socket appeals to me.  I'm not sure
> that it a good thing yet.  The more we eat our own dogfood (internal
> APIs), the better we will be.  But it's late, and I need to think
> some more.

I mentioned Kerberos because one grief I have with the RPC approach is that the
admin has to type in the password for every single operation. This makes it
very awkward to use. Kerberos is one solution that is not available
universally, some ssh-agent like tool another. smbi yet another one.

That's why I started the local-access tool.

Volker