[SAMBA3] using LDAP DirSync Controls in winbindd

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Jan 18 02:10:59 GMT 2006

Hi metze,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:15:11PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> maybe it would be a good idea to use the DirSync Control
> for the windbind caching code, maybe together with the Notification
> Control...
>
> this would allow us to hold the cached data when we reconnect to another
> DC of a domain, as the current method, with using the usnChanged and
> the highestCommitedUsn doesn't allow such things, because the the usn
> numbers are local to each DC and not replicated between them.

Yes, I was thinking already about to register an async change notify
control on the highestCommitedUsn, and then only requery the dc upon
change instead of asking the dc whenever the winbind cache time has
expired.

> Does anyone want to look at this for samba3?

Wanting yes, but I can't really promise to do this since various other things
need my attention.

Thanks,
Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd at suse.de
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org