svn commit: samba r12947 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/scripting/libjs: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 15 20:11:40 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 16:24 +0000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Author: tridge
> Date: 2006-01-15 16:24:55 +0000 (Sun, 15 Jan 2006)
> New Revision: 12947
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=12947
>
> Log:
>
> added some error checking that I stumbled across while testing domain migration

Thanks!

This raises an interesting point.  When we do the first ever
provision/migration, we generate and use a new smb.conf.  However,
subsequently to that, we won't touch it, in fear of breaking the admin's
setup.

I think we always need to overwrite, and create a named backup (say
after the date/time of the provision), as otherwise we are just going to
keep getting inconsistencies like this.