Thankyou for your work on libnet

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Thu Jan 12 15:23:24 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 12:39:22AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Mimir,
>
> I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for your work on
> libnet, and to apologies as I place my large boots around your work.

No problem at all. I can't spend as much time as you on samba code,
but surely I'd like to continue to check in my small incremental
changes.

> I'm working hard towards the tech preview of Samba4, and moving more
> into libnet, particularly as I work on making the join and vampire
> process as easy as possible.
>
> I see you have been quietly working here, on both libnet and on the ejs
> bindings.  A number of times I have expected to start an area from
> scratch, and instead find at least a groundwork.  I would only encourage
> you to spend a bit of time to get these things into the standard
> testsuites.   Hopefully then we won't break things as easily, and we
> might also notice that things are there!  To that end, I've added the
> NET-API tests to the standard testsuite.

Does that mean that I should consult with you all of the changes I'd like
to make in the code ? I know you're trying to get samba4 preview of the
surface and I agree there's a pressure on this.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org