Winbind problem with BDC

Renato Shimizu Renato.Shimizu at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 12 03:52:24 GMT 2006

Hi experts

I have a problem with my winbind communication BDC, when I stop my PDC
(Active Directory Windows 2000), the winbind lost communication with PDC
and BDC.
I need to know if the winbind there are support for communication with
BDC, in case PDC fail?

Thanks...
Best regards

Renato.

My configuration:
Samba 3.0.2a
Linux Debian 2.4.17
;
; Network
;
realm = DOMAIN.GOV.BR
netbios name = NAS1
config file = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L
printing = bsd
security = *ADS*
workgroup = DOMAIN
*domain master = no*
server string = DOMAIN server
interfaces = eth1 eth2
password server = *pdc-server bdc-server*
name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
;
; ACL
;
winbind enum users = no
winbind enum groups = no
map acl inherit = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
;
; LDAP
;
idmap uid = 70000-100000
idmap gid = 70000-100000
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://192.168.168.14:389
ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=gov,dc=br
ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
ldap suffix = dc=domain,dc=gov,dc=br
;
; Others
;
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
deadtime = 60
dns proxy = no
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes