Where to expand BUILTIN or auth_check_password broken...

Tue Jan 10 14:39:22 GMT 2006

Hi!

The subject almost says it all. For local logins to a Samba server we need to
expand BUILTIN alias membership, for SamLogon and PAC generation we don't. Both
use the same routine right now. I'm always hesitating a bit to pass binary
flags down. In particular in Samba 4 this would be at least two flags, one for
domain local groups and one for builtins. We would not do domlocal groups in
Samba3, but there we still have that issue. What would be the best solution
here? Split the token generation from password checking? That's not good
either.

Volker