[Proposal] Samba 3.2.0 to replace 3.0.22

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Jan 9 21:30:41 GMT 2006

Jerry,

 > The problem here is that no one has even shown an inkling
 > of either being interested in doing releases or being
 > involved enough to give me confidence that they would
 > do sufficient job at it.

Don't worry too much about that, people grow into the job.

I was extremely worried the first time Jeremy did a release, and
watched him like a hawk. I imagine he probably did the same for
you. It worked out pretty well in both cases!

I'm not implying by this that we should necessarily have two release
branches of Samba 3.x, I'm just saying the idea that nobody else will
do a good job at releases isn't a good reason to stick to one.

Cheers, Tridge