[Proposal] Samba 3.2.0 to replace 3.0.22

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 9 20:43:20 GMT 2006

simo wrote:
> Yeah, I do not mind people that stick with a release, the people that we
> should care more are people that constantly keep the system on par with
> the latest stable release, there's still people running 2.0.x
> installation everywhere and they do not want to make any change (even
> when we get out security updates). So I do not think these people will
> be hurt by 3.0.x fading out, when they will decide to switch we will be
> at some very far release from the one they have and they will have to
> make their test systems anyway either it be 3.2.x or 4.x or 5 ...

	I used to be one of those people: at Ork
	we only had the time and staff to upgrade
	when we installed new hardware, and so
	happily leapfrogged from SunOS 3.5 to 4.1.3
	and again to 5.5.1

	We did have to worry about options changing
	over time, but we didn't have to worry about
	running an old appliation X with a new
	library Y (;-))

	To make them happy, write good diagnostics
	for mis-used options.

--dave (once of Orc University, home of the Dimril Stairs) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest