svn commit: samba r12695 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/scripting/libjs: .

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Sun Jan 8 03:08:54 GMT 2006

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I agree for the NetBIOS domain name, as we have worked hard to separate
> that from that DNS name.  However, we should defend against hostnames
> that contain a . because it just can't work in the zone file.
>
> We should warn in both cases, but I would argue for a failure when it is
> a hostname with a . in it.  This is most likely to be a mistake, as
> someone has accidentally entered a FQDN.

	I'd suggest it be considered a failure unless someone
	passes a -f (force) option because they legitimately
	have a dotted name the can't immediately change.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest