svn commit: samba r12720 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules rpc_server/samr setup

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Jan 5 19:28:58 GMT 2006

On ven, 2006-01-06 at 06:08 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 13:02 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> >
> > abartlet at samba.org schrieb:
> > > Author: abartlet
> > > Date: 2006-01-05 09:03:13 +0000 (Thu, 05 Jan 2006)
> > > New Revision: 12720
> > >
> > > By metze's request, rename the ntPwdHistory attribute to
> > > sambaNTPassword.  Likewise lmPwdHistory -> sambaLMPwdHistory.
> > >
> > > The idea here is to avoid having conflicting formats when we get to
> > > replication.  We know the base data matches, but we may need to use a
> > > module to munge formats.
> >
> > It's really nice to see, that only 3 files are needed to change for this
>
> Thanks, that's why I put so much effort into the password_hash module.
>
> I would have liked to consolidate the remainder of samr_password.c's
> password history checking into the module, but for the moment, there
> isn't a good way to communicate the failure reason back out of ldb, nor
> to allow override such as the netlogon pipe requires.

Andrew I think that it may be a good idea to define a new ldb_control to
handle this and let us put everything in the module.

I will be happy to help you out with the controls stuff, I will prepare
the merging of ldb/ldap controls later today.

I should be on IRC in a couple of hours if you want to discuss the idea
before formalizing an approach.

Simo.