svn commit: samba r12720 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules rpc_server/samr setup

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 5 19:08:46 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 13:02 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> abartlet at samba.org schrieb:
> > Author: abartlet
> > Date: 2006-01-05 09:03:13 +0000 (Thu, 05 Jan 2006)
> > New Revision: 12720
> >
> > By metze's request, rename the ntPwdHistory attribute to
> > sambaNTPassword.  Likewise lmPwdHistory -> sambaLMPwdHistory.
> >
> > The idea here is to avoid having conflicting formats when we get to
> > replication.  We know the base data matches, but we may need to use a
> > module to munge formats.
>
> It's really nice to see, that only 3 files are needed to change for this

Thanks, that's why I put so much effort into the password_hash module.

I would have liked to consolidate the remainder of samr_password.c's
password history checking into the module, but for the moment, there
isn't a good way to communicate the failure reason back out of ldb, nor
to allow override such as the netlogon pipe requires.