Problem while Migrate the Samba Server

nagarajan nagarajan at iwavesystems.com
Tue Feb 28 22:54:05 GMT 2006

Dear all,
         In my office we have samba server for the logon server and windows file share server.I want to replace the current server by the new server.I did the followings.

1.I have copied the existing configuration(/etc/samba/smb.conf) file and smbpasswd file and paste it into the new server
2.I have restart the service.Service is running
3.I can add the windows systems into the domain ..

   But the existing  windows clients are not able to login and access the windows file systems.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks
Nagarajan P
iWave Systems technologies

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.