svn commit: samba r13750 - branches/SAMBA_3_0/source trunk/source

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Feb 28 16:58:28 GMT 2006

derrell at samba.org wrote:
> "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> writes:
>

>>>Cleanup line wrap to less than 80 chars.
>>
>>I don't want to an ogre about this but can we *please* decide
>>what the column line break is?  I'm tired of seeing reformatting
>>commits at everyone's whims (no offense Lars).
>>
>>I don't care.  Personally I think 80 characters is too small,
>>but I will go that way if we can just pick one.
>
> I use 80-char-wide windows, and very much prefer lines <80 characters long.

On the compilers that I use, if the source line is <= 80 columns, the
compiler listing files are easily readable on 132 column displays.

If the source lines are longer than 80 characters, then the compiler
listings are wrapped at column 80 of the source and that can be hard to
read.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only