Moving basic libs to a new repo and release them as a separate package

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Feb 27 23:26:47 GMT 2006

Jelmer,

 > The problem is that there are some that even don't have static
 > libraries. In the past, we've always tried to keep running on those, but
 > now might be a good time to stop supporting them. I doubt there are
 > people still using them for anything serious.

I think we can ignore systems that support neither dynamic or static
libraries. I suspect that any such systems that remain will have such
exotic build systems that they would need a quite different way to
build Samba anyway, so I think we can say that they are not supported
"out of the box", and will require someone to do a separate port if
there is enough interest.

Cheers, Tridge