svn commit: samba r13692 - in trunk/source/passdb: .

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Feb 26 19:00:59 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 14:20 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 06:06:55AM +0000, idra at samba.org wrote:
> > +			filter = talloc_asprintf(mem_ctx, "%s(uidNumber=%s)", filter, *memberuid);
>
> To waste a little less memory (this becomes quadratic on the
> number of group members), I' recommend to use
> talloc_asprintf_append here.

Yes I had in mind to change that, then forgot, thanks for spotting it,
I'll commit a patch for this with the other fixes.

> Apart from that it looks good to me, thanks!

Thanks!

Btw do you know why we return always the CN for groups in
ldapsam_lookup_rids and not the displayName ?

Mapped groups generally have the "unix" group name in CN and the
"windows" name in displayName, and usrmgr.exe mix ups group membership
for users when we return back "users" instead of "Domain Users".

I'll check in a fix that return displayName by default and CN as
fallback reversing the current method, let me know if there is any
problem with that I do not know of.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce