[SAMBA4] highestCommittedUSN support

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Feb 26 01:43:10 GMT 2006

Luke,

 > You could just store it in memory and checkpoint it at regular intervals,
 > it's easy to recover at startup -- this is effectively what OpenLDAP
 > syncrepl does.

unfortunately it would means that on a crash we would lose info. We
would have records with usnChanged > highestCommittedUSN, which might
have implications for replication. Having gone to the trouble of
adding safe transactions and journaling to tdb I don't want to go back :-)

We already maintain a sequenceNumber that behaves just like
highestCommittedUSN in @BASEINFO inside ldb, so I'm inclined to just
use that.

 > None, although it's possible if you want because the USN namespace is
 > NC-local as far as replication is concerned.

interesting - I assumed it would matter, at the very least for our NT4
style samsync replication. What do you use for that in XAD ?

Cheers, Tridge