svn commit: samba r13668 - in trunk/source/libsmb: .

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Fri Feb 24 14:00:57 GMT 2006

jra at samba.org writes:

> Author: jra
> Date: 2006-02-24 05:47:15 +0000 (Fri, 24 Feb 2006)
> New Revision: 13668
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=13668
>
> Log:
> Get rid of poor errno mapping table. Bounce through NTSTATUS instead.
> DO NOT MERGE FOR 3.0.21c PLEASE.
> Jeremy.
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/source/libsmb/clierror.c

Jeremy,

Although I agree that the errno mapping table was poor, that scheme has been
used traditionally for mapping the errno values provided to libsmbclient
users.  Applications depend on the errno values to determine what went wrong
(and some differ slightly from what would be returned by Linux/Unix).  I
suggest that instead of removing this mapping table, we either add a global
variable (yuck!) that can determine whether to use the traditional method or
the new method, or find some other method of allowing the traditional method
to be selected by an application.  We need to retain the ability to return the
existing errno mappings.

Derrell