Moving basic libs to a new repo and release them as a separate package

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Feb 24 06:52:37 GMT 2006

Jerry,

 > Just a quick comment as I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
 > We should eat out own dogfood.  I want tdb as a .so.  We cannot
 > expect other projects to ever use our code if we aren't willing
 > to provide a stable API and use it.  Same with talloc and ldb.

Just to double check, you realise the proposal was that the various
Samba3 trees would point directly at a master tdb and talloc
repository, so commits by (for example) Simo and me would be
immediately and automatically reflected in the SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE tree?

If thats really want you want then I guess we can do it, it just
surprises me a bit. I thought you might have wanted to double check
things before accepting them into the Samba3 code, in case we missed a
unexpected consequence of a change.

Or did I misunderstand Simos proposal?

Cheers, Tridge