New Unix user and group domain

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Feb 23 15:01:28 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> I do not believe that (b) can reliably work.  There are too
> many differences between smbpasswd, tdb, and LDAP installations.

Amen to that! ;-)

I'll see if I can devote some time to yet another test box, get Mr. Terpstra's most current docs (online), and see if upon digesting some of this I might have anything of quality to contribute back to
your inquiries.

If Mr. Terpstra happens to be lurking on this thread... such an effort on my part might be cause to update my presentation to reflect the current state of Samba. Glancing at your first edition books
over on my shelf... I don't look forward to that much CRT reading... ;-) Think that is the only way I'll get back up to "expert" level again, at least with the portions of Samba we frequent. I'll just
have to see how much value / call there is for additional documentation beyond your great effort and contribution. If you have thoughts, I know you know how to contact me directly... no need to bother
all on the list about my documentation.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems