Performance optimization for embedded devices

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Feb 22 19:41:27 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:18:04PM +0100, Rulfs, Andreas wrote:
>
>>We made same modification for performance optimization for embedded
>>devices.
>>
>>Here the diff:
>

> Thanks, but can you give us more information on what these
> changes actually do and why you made them please ?

It also appears that the changes are against 2.2.7, which is long out of
support.  Most new embedded work in Samba is being done with respect to
the Samba4 tree.

Several commercial embedded devices use 2.2.x-based code.  It may make
sense for someone to take charge of an embedded branch of that old tree,
if only to provide a codebase for updating those commercial products.
If someone were to do that, the suggestion would be to use 2.2.12 as the
starting point, rather than 2.2.7.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org