max ldap replication sleep limit

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Wed Feb 22 19:07:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

svn revision 1325 log shows this:

r1325 | jra | 2004-07-02 00:55:38 +0200 (Fr, 02 Jul 2004) | 5 lines

Always use GetTimeOfDay() (wrapper). Ensure ldap replication
sleep time is not more than 5 seconds. Should fix issue
reported by Chris Garrigues <cwg at deepeddy.com>.
Jeremy.

I wonder what this issue was and where it can be found. Jeremy, do you
remember?

This is a please to everyone: When there is a known problem being
fixed it is *very* helpful in the future to have more verbose svn logs.
Compared to some other svn logs this one is still quite verbose ;-)

BTW: I suggest we increase the default ldap replication sleep to 3000
as in real life 1000 is too low for many setups

Sorry for carping ;-)
Bjoern