How can I get involved with Samba 4 development?

Hiro Yoshioka hyoshiok at miraclelinux.com
Wed Feb 22 00:33:46 GMT 2006

Hi Samba Team,

It may be a little bit starange question. If it is not good place to
ask this kind of question, please let me know appropriate place.

How can I get involved with Samba 4 development?

The FAQ says to become an active member of the samba-technical. I
understand there is TODO list.

http://us5.samba.org/samba/devel/TODO.html
http://cifs.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5cifs/anno/fs/cifs/TODO@1.14?nav=index.html|src/.|src/fs|src/fs/cifs

But my impression is that TODO.html is too terse and cifs/TODO is an
old one.

The reason why I'm asking is that we would like to have an Active
Directory support in Samba so we would like to accelerate the
development. We will make a team in Japan to help your
development. (e.g., making test programs, code some functions, etc)

By the way, our company has several Samba developers and one of our
contributions is an internationalization features of Samba 3.0.
http://www.miraclelinux.com/english/technet/samba30/index.html

You may found many bugs were reported or fixed by our developers
(search miraclelinux.com at https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

Thanks in advance,
  Hiro