ACB_ values exceed 16 bits, yet some working variables explicitly declared as uint16

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 21 23:53:51 GMT 2006

Richard Bollinger wrote:
> The code in question in utils/pdbedit.c reads as follows:
> uint16 not_settable = ~(ACB_DISABLED|ACB_HOMDIRREQ|ACB_PWNOTREQ|
> ACB_PWNOEXP|ACB_AUTOLOCK);
>
> But those defined values can exceed 16 bits, for example:
> include/smb.h:#define ACB_DONT_REQUIRE_PREAUTH 0x00010000  /* 1 =
> Preauth not required */

   That's odd, I would have expected valgrind to
catch something like that, not just the Sun compilers...

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest