[pdbsql-devel] Re: pdbsql external project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbsql

Mario Lipinski mario at lipinski.tk
Tue Feb 21 12:55:17 GMT 2006

Hi Jelmer,

thanks for your support.

The autoconf scripts help me a lot since i never worked with that stuff
before.

Am Dienstag, den 21.02.2006, 13:21 +0100 schrieb Jelmer Vernooij:
> I'm subscribed to the mailing lists. I'm still happy to answer
> questions regarding the original modules or other stuff, but I won't
> be doing any code contributions, especially as I no longer have a test
> environment.

OK. I think it's a good time to start with my (three simple) questions.

First the {my,pg}sql module consits of two source files.
pdb_{my,pg}sql.c and pdb_sql.c. pdb_sql.c i think simply contains common
functions for both modules like doing some smb.conf handling and the
preparation of the SQL statements. However this file (in its compiled
version pdb_sql.o) is linked into smbd and other binaries like smbclient
and libsmbclient.so.... Why are you doing this? I think the sense of a
module is keeping all that stuff out of the binaries and load them when
they are needed. So the pdb_sql functionality should in my opinion only
be included in {mysql,pgsql}.so.

The second one: Is there general documentation about the passdb api
available? And if yes, where do i find it?

The third (and last) one: What has changed with the api between 3.0.21
and 3.0.22? Where do I find information about this?

Thanks,
Mario