patches: EA support AIX

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Tue Feb 21 10:16:47 GMT 2006

On 2006-02-20 at 10:10 +0100 Bjoern JACKE sent off:
>enabled.  Might be this is also the pre 5.3 interface - the buildfarm
>will tell us ;-)

just for you information: the interface provided by AIX 5.3 ea.h is
just for the EAv2 in AIX 5.3. If anyone has pointers to the EAv1
interface which I found first mentioned in the 5.3 docs, please let me
know ...

The AIX 5.3 EAv2 interface however looks quite powerful: an EA may be
as big as 16TB and they extended the the interface (which is close to
the Linux xattr implementation) for statea() calls.

Bjoern