Support for FreeBSD extended attributes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 21 03:58:34 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 14:20 +1100, Geoffrey Giesemann wrote:
> FreeBSD uses a different (but similar) set of calls for maniupulating
> extended attributes:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=extattr&format=html
>
> Is anyone working on support for this, or should I submit a patch?

A patch from Apple went to this list a little while back.  It didn't get
in, but if you can find and revive it, it might get a more positive
reception labelled 'FreeBSD' :-)

(Actually, the main issue is ensuring it doesn't break any other
platforms, and that the tests are correct for all versions of *BSD *and*
the other platforms).