Problems creating a Kerberos test (sw_gethostbyname?)

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Feb 15 00:52:15 GMT 2006

Michael,

 > If you will be chroot'ing the test anyways, why not just create a
 > hosts file that gethostbyname() can read in the chroot'd environment?

a couple of reasons :-)

 1) krb5 makes resolver calls that can't be answered via /etc/hosts,
    such as SRV record lookups

 2) moving to relying on chroot in the build farm would be a disaster,
    and would lose much of the advantages of the build farm

I also don't like the public server idea. I think the socketwrappper
approach or magic env variables are both better approaches.

Cheers, Tridge