Problems creating a Kerberos test (sw_gethostbyname?)

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Feb 14 23:49:14 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:25 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I'm looking for pointers and suggestions on how we can do this,
> hopefully without effectively re-inventing a DNS server, and still
> covering all the cases.
>
> Any ideas?

I see 2 ways.

1. provide a test bind server on one public host so that buildfarm
machines can update fields through some sort of authentication, and do
queries at will.

2. ask buildfarmers to install a binary of bind or provide a copy in the
buildfarm ourselves and run it using our own provisioned data locally.

both solutions may need us to use chroot to have our own resolv.conf
file pointing to localhost, but I think it may be doable.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team