svn commit: samba r13474 - in trunk/source/libsmb: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 12 21:24:24 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:44 +0000, jra at samba.org wrote:
> Author: jra
> Date: 2006-02-12 16:44:33 +0000 (Sun, 12 Feb 2006)
> New Revision: 13474
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=13474
>
> Log:
> Back port r13470, r13471, r13472 from Samba4. Thanks Andrew:
(smb signing/ntlmssp session key fixes)

> We should now try retesting with NT4. This should be standalone
> enough to port into a SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE branch fix.

My testing shows that this works against win2000 SP0 (workstation),
Win2k3 SP0 (DC), Win2k3 SP1 (DC).

It partially works against NT4 SP6 (DC).  That is, we pass the tests for
the correct session key, but unless we have the 'LM_KEY' or 'NTLM2'
flags set, we do not pass the creation of a sealed connection.

So, NTLMv1 sealing of RPC pipes is broken against NT.  The problem is,
I'm having trouble seeing the differences in the negotiated options, but
there must be something in there somewhere...