Force client to refresh display? (i.e. notify about changed directory contents)

ext-flemming.johansen at nokia.com ext-flemming.johansen at nokia.com
Fri Feb 10 11:26:03 GMT 2006

I am writing a VFS plugin for Samba-3.0.21b to do some proprietary magic when users copy files onto a Samba server. The problem I face, is that this "magic" (sorry, company policies prevent me from being more specific than that) may cause some files to disappear and new files to appear. And the end users do not appreciate having to press F5 between file operations.

So this is my question: Is there some way a VFS plugin can signal the (Windows XP) client that the contents of a directory have changed?

Thanks in advance,

Flemming Johansen