can I define "static" interfaces in source/lib/interfaces.c?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Feb 10 08:10:31 GMT 2006

On my system, Samba doesn't detect any network interface:

[2006/02/09 17:20:37, 0] lib/interface.c:load_interfaces(197)
   ERROR: Could not determine network interfaces, you must use a
interfaces config line

Even when I specify something like (smbd and nmbd do start properly then):

interfaces = 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0

Then tools that I use with Samba don't work:

# rpcclient localhost -N -U'administrator%pass' -c 'setdriver SAMSU SAMSU'
ERROR: Could not determine network interfaces, you must use a interfaces
config line

Can I define the interfaces "statically" in source/lib/interfaces.c?

I.e., I have interfaces:

iface	IP	bcast
eth0	1.1.1.1	255.255.255.0
br0	2.2.2.2	255.255.255.192
vlan0	3.3.3.3 255.255.255.0

How can I define them "statically" in source/lib/interfaces.c?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org