guest account now has to be added to passdb ?

Thu Feb 9 22:13:38 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:56:03PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> In the current SAMBA_3_0, apparently unless the guest account
> exists in the passdb backend, smbd refuses to start.
> This is definitely a change since previous version would
> create the guest structure automatically.  I don't see any
> good reason to change the behavior.

I'll look at it tomorrow. 9 hours train and 7 hours @ a
customer today is enough...

BTW, the password change issue is more severe. NT4 and
w2ksp2 can't establish ntlm1 binds against 3.0.21b. W2ksp4
is fine, it uses different calls to change passwords.

What's interesting: samba4 smbtorture with an ntlm1 bind
works fine against 3.0.21b and w2k3, but fails against nt4.
That might be the same issue.

Volker