Logon hours (LDAP)

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Feb 7 16:12:34 GMT 2006

Roland Gruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since my first mail returned no answers and I was
> unably to contact Jerry I hope you can help me this
> time with this issue.

Hey Roland.  I'm sorry.  Every time I sit down to respond,
I get distracted and the reply gets stuck in my drafts folder.

> It looks like the logon hours code change recently. One
> of our users told me that our tool does not show
> the correct values any more.
>
> My last information was that the logon hours are stored
> in local (client) time. So the time zone can be ignored.
>
> What is the current status? Are the logon hours stored
> in UTC/GMT or the time zone of the server/client?
> Unfortunately, I have no test machines here to setup a
> test environment. Therefore I rely on your help.
>
> Thanks in advance for your support.

The comments auth/auth_sam.c:logon_hours_ok() indicate that
the logon hours are specified in the server's local time.
But the comparsion converts the current time to gmtime()
first.

Here's the svn commit message

$ svn log -r11886
r11886 | jmcd | 2005-11-23 16:08:57 -0600 (Wed, 23 Nov 2005) | 4 lines

Fix 3187: logon hours restrictions were off corresponding to
our offset from GMT.  Use gmtime() instead of localtime() in
the calc, but still use localtime() in displaying it.

cheers, jerry
I live in a Reply-to-All world                -----------------------