patch: don't show /tmp/ if path is unset

Mon Feb 6 15:25:23 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:01:17PM +0100, Bjoern JACKE wrote:
> due to my tests IPC$ and ADMIN$ are both unaffected by this. Other
> (non-dfs) shares without path simply disappear. INHO the benefit of
> higher security for accidently misconfigured systems is higher than
> the broken backwards compatibility, which would only affect broken
> setups anyway. :-)

Broken in what sense -- it works :-)

But in general I would agree. A file share without a path is
broken and can be _very_ easily fixed by setting path=/tmp
in [global]. And during upgrades I don't think we would risk
any kind of data corruption or other bad things, people just
can not access certain shares anymore. So from my point of
view the possible damage is quite limited.

Just my 2 cents.. :-)

Volker