code formatting [ was Re: svn commit: samba r13292 ]

Thu Feb 2 22:08:54 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:47:44PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Can I just suggest that when someone needs to reformat, you do not do it
> manually.  There is an source/.indent.pro file both in trunk and
> SAMBA_3_0.  Simply run the file through indent (the rc file is pretty
> close to our current code formatting conventions) and check it in.

That's not my main point here :-)

I don't argue the indentation rules except the 80-char line thingy, I'm talking
about mixing non-functional an functional changes in one huge patch.

But the "indent" idea is actually good, thanks.

Volker