tdb and file-per-hash-chain

Hansjörg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at dlr.de
Thu Feb 2 21:07:45 GMT 2006

Hi Volker,

it may be off topic, but what gpfs tuning options do you mean?
We are running gpfs in a cluster with  big pagepool and therefore
we could increase maxFilesToCache and maxStatCache to a high value.

We had no bad experiences with gpfs, but of course we are interested in
tuning options :-)
With samba tdb files on it, in a clustered environment , we had to increase
 the undocumented parameter
maxFcntlRangesPerFile
because of a locking problems,
but it works fine (RHEL4 GPFS 2.3.0-9)