help in tracing winbindd_pam.c

Moshe Yosevshvili moshe.yosevshvili at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:15:18 GMT 2006

hi all.

I'm looking in the implementation of winbindd_pam_auth_crap
(winbindd_pam.c).
when i looked at the implementation in samba 3.0.14 the code was simple and
readable.
now i downloaded samba 3.0.20a and i don't understand the code...:-)

this function should connect NETLOGON pipe and call NetrLogonSamLogon.
while i see this code in 3.0.14 i don't see it in the newer version. instead
i see
the same initialization but then call to: sendto_domain(). trying to see the
pipe
opening and ms-rpc initialization brought me no where :-).

can you direct me on the stack trace when calling 'wbinfo -a ...'?
i get to winbindd_pam_auth_crap but i don't know which calls are made from
that point on...

thanks very much.