ready to merge trunk over SAMBA_3_0 ?

Wed Feb 1 20:37:26 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:25:45PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Yep. Indeed, it's handy having two branches, one as a
> sort of "staging area" for advanced features. Yes, we
> can do the same by having private trees, but until we're
> using a distributed development environment it's easier
> to see how all the proposed changes play well with each
> other in HEAD.

I don't deny that. It's just I want 'svn blame' to work correctly. Or -- Maybe
it's better to have jerry implement all my bugs :-)

I just thought that there must be ways in svn to keep the history correct while
getting trunk across to branches/SAMBA_3_0. I _do_ want to keep both branches
available, definitely.

Volker