Building an embedded Samba4

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Feb 1 19:35:19 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison schrieb:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:40:06AM +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
>>It works on an ASUS WL-500g Deluxe router (it costs about 90 USD/euro,
>>there are other models, too[2]): 32 MB RAM, 200 MHz mipsel CPU, 5
>>ethernet ports, wireless, but can be installed on much more - so after
>>connecting a DSL modem to it, it can be a router + domain controller for
>>a small office (4 ethernet ports are left after connecting a DSL modem,
>>so it would be perfect for an office of 4 workers).
>>Of course you can have more users, just use a switch, but I wouldn't
>>recommend keeping too many user profiles...
>>
>>It is based on Linux / OpenWRT distribution.
>>
>>It works as a PDC right now, stores user profiles etc.
>

> Wow ! Well done - pretty amazing work there. What are your
> plans for this ? Are you going to use it internally or
> are you planning to make it available as some form of
> product ?

Well, right now it's "still not there" :)

If you're interested in a product, you can contact the company I'm
working for and which allows me to spend time on it :-) -
http://syneticon.net

But seriously, perhaps I should set up a website or a project on
sourceforge.net (Samba-embedded?), and describe all that, provide
binaries, compiling instructions, documentation etc.?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org