AW: accessing shares on a normal standalone server from domclient if no logon server is available

Marco Haferkamp mahaf at gmx.net
Wed Feb 1 18:37:12 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Yeah.  I do.  "Feature for feature. Bug for bug."  That's our motto. :-)
Great Moto :))

> And this is obviously a bug in Windows 2000.
hmm...
XP comes up with a popup to enter Username/Password, XP Bug?? w2k client
popup "There are currently......", w2k Bug??
The only thing i changed also in my test scenarios i recreated was upgrading
Samba from 3.020b to 3.021a.....

>We will add a way to re-enable the previous behavior as soon as we get a
chance.
sounds good.

> Hang in there.
of course

>And thanks for helping us figure out what the problem was (is).
no problem.

> cheers, jerry

cheers Marco