(no subject)

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Feb 1 11:43:42 GMT 2006

Metze,

 > I assume that tridge does his own packing as he didn't know about JSON,
 > I don't know much of of it too, but it might be good to try to use
 > standard formats and technplogies for things like that...
 > But only if it's not to complex to do so

yes, there were two reasons for not using JSON:

1) I didn't know about it when I wrote my packer

2) when I did find out about JSON, I found we couldn't use it in the
   usual way (by just evaluating it as a js expression) as ejs doesn't
   support the syntax of creating objects all in one go using the JSON
   syntax.

Fixing ejs to support this would be nice. It's even possible the
appweb people have already done it - I haven't updated our ejs code in
a while.

Cheers, Tridge