Populating "group_mapping.tdb" with defaults

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:20:45 GMT 2006

Hi,
 In the VMS port of Samba 3.0.10 we have made, the group_mapping.tdb
file was getting created and populated with some default groups (like
"Power Users"...).
 In the Samba 3.0.10 code base, there was a function
"default_group_mapping()" that was getting called in
"init_group_mapping(): in groupdb/mapping.c.
 The same default entries are not getting added in the
group_mapping.tdb file in our port of Samba 3.0.23d on VMS.
 I do not see the "default_group_mapping()" in Samba 3.0.23d code
base. I would like to know if this is the intended behavior or which
other function is responsible for creating these default entries?

Thanks in advance and wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

with best regards,
dk

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!