[SAMBA4] In Memory ccache doesn't work

Dave Daugherty dave.daugherty at centrify.com
Mon Dec 11 20:18:55 GMT 2006

For MIT Kerberos if you do not send pre-auth data up front, a Windows server will send you the pre-auth required error AND send the proper DES salt if DES authentication is what is required.  The libraries transparently handle this specific case.  The downside is that not sending preauth data up front may result in a security event log to be recorded, potentially setting off someone's pager.

But unless you are prepared to provide the correct case sensitive salt, you are better off not sending the pre-auth data.

Dave Daugherty
Centrify Corp

Love Hörnquist Åstrand Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 1:44 PM