talloc_incr_ref_count does not work

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Dec 8 22:38:43 GMT 2006

Michael,

> So the overall effect is that talloc_incr_ref_count does not work. the node
> gets freed anyway.

I presume you mean talloc_increase_ref_count() ?

Could you take a look at the talloc test suite and give me a patch
that demonstrates the problem? It does test
talloc_increase_ref_count(), and we rely on it working in a couple of
places in Samba4, but maybe there are situations where it doesn't work
as expected. It would be easier for me to understand these situations
if you gave me an example in C - perhaps a patch to test_misc() in
testsuite.c, or a new test_refcount() test?

Cheers, Tridge