LDB_SCOPE_ONELEVEL without full traversal?

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Dec 6 22:59:42 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 09:46 +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> maybe the problem is that I don't understand the reference to tconx
> here. How does tconx cause a onelevel ldb search?

Volker is working on putting shares definitions in a registry (actually
"the registry" ?). And the database this registry is built on is ldb.

This means that at every tconx you have to scan the shares db which
happen to be the registry backed by ldb.

That said, I am not completely sure why we should have one level
searches to read out shares definitions.

I think that ldb can be used in a very efficient way that the registry
API do not leverage. I would personally create a share object in ldb,
with attributes containing all the shares options.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer